HPG Targets 18 Turkish Occupation Soldiers

Published July 24, 2020

HPG Target 18 Turkish Occupation Soldiers

On July 18 fighters of People’s Defense Forces (HPG) and the Free Women Units - Star carried out several operations against the Turkish occupation army in Carcêla, Celê and Besta, killing an officer and 11 soldiers, in addition to destroying a vehicle and fortifications of the enemy.

A bombing operation targeted machinery of the Turkish occupation army near Kaman outpost in Zagros region, which was traveling from Carcêla square to Şemzînan district of Colemêrg. The operation resulted in the destruction of the enemy’s vehicle and the killing of 7 soldiers, including an officer and elements from the Contra, in addition to wounding another soldier.

On the 19th of July at 17:30, HPG forces carried out an operation against the Turkish occupation army’s soldiers stationed on the Martyr Rêber hill in Celê district of Colemêrg, and blew strong strikes on the enemy’s fortifications and berms, which resulted in the destruction of one of the fortifications, killing two soldiers and wounding two others.

As part of the campaign of revenge for the two martyrs Media Mawa and Rizgar Kafr, HPG forces carried out on July 19 at 17:40 sniping operations targeting the soldiers of the occupation army in Şehrîban Square in Besta region of Şernax, killing two soldiers. This process was to salute the revolutionary campaign of Heftenin Battle.

Fighters of Free Women Units YJA-Star carried out operations against the Turkish occupation army in the areas of Kafr and Khakurk, which resulted in the killing of 7 Turkish occupation soldiers.

The guerrilla fighters targeted a group of enemy army soldiers in the area between Tell Lilkan And the town of Kivurt, in the district of ​​Khakurk, by sniper operations that killed four soldiers and wounded three others.

The HPG statement stated, “Our fighters carried out this operation in fulfillment of the martyrs of the Battle of Haftanin.”

At 02:00 on July 19, guerrilla fighters responded to the enemy’s army’s attempts to advance in the region, and violent clashes erupted, in which three Turkish soldiers were killed and others wounded, and on the morning of July 21, the Turkish units participating in the operation withdrew without making any progress on the ground.