HPG guerrillas carried out a series of actions against the Turkish army forces in Avashin, Serhat and Amed. HPG also released a statement on the invasion operation of the Turkish army in South Kurdistan, saying that the occupiers will experience the biggest blow in their history.
Guerrillas hit the Turkish army in Avashin and Serhat
People’s Defense Forces (HPG) Press Center issued a statement and said 8 Turkish soldiers had been killed in actions on May 23 and 24 in the Avashin region.
The guerrillas first carried out a sabotage action near the Hill Xwede in Avashin on May 23 at 17:30 where 1 Turkish soldier was killed.
On May 24 at 10:30, a Turkish unit positioned along the road from the Grana strait to the Hill Xwede was hit from 3 sides by the guerrillas. 7 soldiers were killed in the action where the guerrillas also confiscated a MPT-76 rifle.
The Cobra type helicopter that arrived to support the unit was also damaged by the guerrilla.
The guerrilla units that carried out the action have returned to base without casualties.
Meanwhile, YJA-Star forces destroyed a Cobra type armored vehicle today along the road to the Sile oupost in Agri’s Doğubeyazıt district. 6 Turkish soldiers were killed in the action.
HPG Press Center announced that the guerrilla suffered no casualties during the Turkish army’s airstrike against the Avashin and Zap regions in Medya Defense Zones on May 24.
One Turkish soldier killed in Lice
People’s Defense Forces Press and Communication Center (HPG-BIM) released a statement reporting continued actions against the Turkish army.
Accordingly, guerrillas carried out a targeted action against Opek outpost in Lice district of Amed at 9 am on May 26. One soldier was killed as a result.
On the other hand, HPG reported continued aerial attacks by the Turkish army against the guerrilla-held Medya Defense Zones.
At 22:30 on May 26, Turkish jets targeted Ermuş and Mıslokê areas in Xakurke region, and Werxelê area in Avashin region.
HGP-BIM added that guerrillas suffered no losses in these bombardments.
HPG statement on Turkish invasion operation in Xakurke
The Press Center of the People’s Defense Forces (HPG) has issued a written statement on the invasion operation of the Turkish army launched in South Kurdistan and said the following;
“On May 27, at 11:00 pm, the Turkish army launched an invasion operation in the Shekif and Shehid Derwesh areas in Xakurke region in southern Kurdistan.
After intense bombardment by fighter jets and helicopters, the occupation forces attempted to show presence with the troops airdropped in the region.”
False reports in the Turkish media
Referring to the Turkish media reports on the operation, the HPG said: “The Turkish special war media tries through false information to simulate a victory triumph and to show the scope of the operation greater than actually given. The attempt of this ground operation, which can also be interpreted as an effort to relocate the war, which concentrated on the Lelikan region last year, to another area, will be resolutely countered by Kurdistan’s Freedom Guerrilla. For the occupiers, it will be one of the biggest blows in their history. The intense bombardment of the region continues and the public will be informed in detail about the operation at a later date.”
Sabotage in Iğdır: Five soldiers killed
The HPG statement also reported on a guerilla action in Aralık district of Iğdır province on May 27 that was carried out as part of the Revolutionary Initiative Campaign ongoing in the Serhat region.
Accordingly, guerrillas carried out a sabotage action against soldiers and armored vehicles of the Turkish army on move on the road leading to the Başaran outpost.
Five soldiers were killed and an unknown number injured as a result of the action which also left an Amarog type vehicle damaged.
Following the action, the Turkish army initiated an operation which was withdrawn in the evening hours without success.